Close to 400 volunteers made this event possible in 2018. Your involvement as a volunteer will directly support our efforts in contributing and raising funds for important charitable initiatives in our community. Volunteer positions in scoring, admissions, marshaling and construction are just some of the ways you can get inside the ropes.
You can also get more directly involved in tournament play by becoming a Mackenzie Tour – PGA TOUR Canada caddie for a weekend. Caddie positions are open to persons age 15 years and older and you must be able to carry a set of golf clubs. It’s the closest you’ll get to all the action.
We have switched to new software platform to make registration as easy as possible. When you register to be a volunteer you will be able to work as many shifts as you want, a Southwood committee member will work with you on this. Please note the following when registering:
1) The event will be held at Southwood Golf & Country Club the Week of August 12th-18th, 2019
2) When you click the below buttons you will be asked to either register for a volunteer or caddie, select the appropriate category. On the next page please proceed by selecting the green “ticket” button. There is a fee of $45 to volunteer and includes a golf shirt, hat, and water bottle.
3) Please select which category you would like to volunteer for!
4) If you are unable to select a certain volunteer position this means it is sold out
5) Information regarding volunteer orientation and package pick up will communicated with you closer to the event
6) If you have any questions please contact our volunteer coordinator Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You For Making A Difference In Our Community!
Partners of the Players Cup, Manitoba’s only Mackenzie Tour – PGA TOUR Canada event, have the exclusive opportunity to play with one of the PGA TOUR’s top prospects in one of our pro-am events – a fun filled, friendly, round of golf on a tournament-ready course. Thank you to all the 2018 participants in the Partner Pro-Am and Princess Auto Pro-Am.
Information on the 2019 Pro Am will be available shortly!
The Golf Mentorship Foundation provides a unique and fun environment for children to learn the game of golf and its values.
Join the "Birdies For Kids Program" and help raise money for the Children's Hospital. All proceeds will go directly to the hospital and a charitable receipt will be given.
The Players Cup first began as The Manitoba Open in 1919, one of the oldest golf tournaments in North America. Karl Keefer won that year and kicked off a Manitoba tradition that has lasted over 90 years. In 1998 it was renamed the MTS Classic and later the Free Press Manitoba Classic. In 2008 it became the Players Cup we all know today.
The Players Cup joined the newly formed Mackenzie Tour – PGA TOUR Canada in 2013 and quickly became a premier event on the national circuit that is now the official first step to the PGA TOUR.
The Mackenzie Tour features some of the best up and coming golfers looking to take that step toward their dream of playing on golf’s greatest stage as they compete for their share of the Players Cup’s $175,000 purse. Many Mackenzie Tour champions have gone on to notable careers on the PGA TOUR including 2009 Players Cup Champion Graham DeLaet, Mike Weir, David Hearn, Tony Finau, Nick Taylor and Steve Stricker.
The Mackenzie Tour – PGA TOUR Canada is part of the path to the PGA TOUR, where tomorrow’s PGA TOUR players begin their quest to reach the game’s highest level. At the end of the season the top players earn their way onto the Web.com Tour, advancing them one giant step towards their PGA TOUR dreams. It’s also your opportunity to see the future of the PGA TOUR up close.